Thursday, January 5, 2012

Woof!

That's my way of saying "Hi."  I'm Rafiki and I'm a 7 year old female Maltese - pure bred, catch that...PURE bred!  And yes, I am a girl even though my name comes from the movie The Lion King, in which the character Rafiki, played by a freaking monkey, is male.  The Broadway production of The Lion King has always been played by a female.  So Broadway got it right!
 
I live in Florida, but I was born in Colorado.  While I appreciate the move from a state where it got so cold sometimes that my humans would have to run out and pick me up out of the snow as I sat back on my back legs and lifted my frozen front paws in the air, I seem to be allergic to everything in Florida.  I had to even change the food I eat and no more table scraps.  When the doctor said no more table scraps, I wanted to bite her leg!  I eat this venison and sweet potato stuff and I thought it was really good, until I noticed that my sister Dakota has different food.  Yeah I got a sister, I'll tell you about her in a second.  She gets special food too, but I can't have her food and I really want it!  My humans always mutter about how expensive my food is and that Dakota's food is suppose to be bland, so why do I always try to eat it and stuff.  Because it is Dakota's food!  Not sure what they don't get about that.

Dakota is five years older than me.  She's supposedly pure bred Maltese too, but she has six freaking toes...you tell me!  I was her birthday present for her fifth birthday, but she treats me like I'm invisible.  She once told me that she wasn't a dog and that she is actually a human! *Gasp*  I told her to look in the mirror sometime.  So anyway, she won't play with me no matter how hard I try.  She gets up if I lay next to her too!  Sheesh!

My favorite things to do are sleep and give tons of kisses.  Maltese are the dogs of a million kisses and I live up to that for sure!  I love to sit outside too and sniff the air and go for rides in the car with my head out the window.  Being a dog is great!  One of the things I hate is having to be locked up in the master bathroom. I know I just sleep all day, but I like to choose where I do that.  I also hate taking my allergy medicine every morning because I'm allergic to everything.  I'm suppose to take it on an empty stomach and then I have to wait to eat for a freaking hour!  Wait to eat?!  What gives?  So I hatched this little plan and made it impossible for my humans to give me the pill.  I fought, I spit, I carried the pill in my mouth and spit it out later and finally I started puking.  And it worked!  They finally started hiding the pill in a little wet food and told the vet tough about the empty stomach thing.

So that is basically me.  I can't wait to share my opinions on a whole assortment of things.  I am the center of the universe, so I have a great perspective to give my opinions from.  If you don't like those opinions...tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment